Legacy Fundraising Consultancy
- This year, around £3.2 billion will be left by donors in their wills to UK charitable causes.
- Average legacies to charity are typically £5,000 for cash sums and £50,000 for shares of estates.
- With returns on investment of up to 50:1, legacy fundraising is probably the most cost effective way to raise money.
- Legacies are usually left as general funds, so they can help cover your core costs.
- Some of your supporters are in a position to leave your charity a legacy but have you asked them?
So are you making the most of this opportunity?
Legacy fundraising is a specialist area. We have particular experience of start-up campaigns and working with small and medium sized charities to develop or renew their strategies. Over the years, we have worked with numerous charities to develop their legacy campaigns and can help you with:
Legacy fundraising strategy
Identification of target audiences
Development of the legacy proposition or case for support
Legacy focus groups
Identification of "legacy champions"
Drafting of legacy materials
Training / mentoring
Monitoring and evaluation of campaigns
Fresh thinking for existing campaigns
If you need help in developing a fundraising strategy or if you need advice about your legacy campaign, please call us today on 01785 663600 for a free initial chat.
"We used Wootton George to help us rewrite our legacy materials and update our strategy. Simon George was very helpful and easy to work with and we’ve done well with legacies ever since".
Liz Clarke, Head of Fundraising and Marketing, Calibre Audio Library.