Hospices face the double challenge of raising revenue to operate their services, while also running capital appeals to improve their facilities and equipment. In other words, while running on the spot, they also have to move forwards, or risk going backwards!
Hospice fundraising typically covers the following areas:
- Community fundraising
- Individual giving
- Corporate fundraising
- Major donor fundraising
- Trust fundraising
- Legacy fundraising
- Major capital campaigns across multiple sectors
- Statutory and lottery fundraising
- New media fundraising
As a fundraising company, we have worked with a long list of hospices to help them develop their fundraising in a variety of ways. The typical services which hospices use are:
- Fundraising audits or reviews (to identify the best opportunities and to know where to invest)
- Fundraising strategy development (to set out how best to exploit the opportunities)
- Campaign planning support (e.g. to design a legacy campaign)
- Prospect research (e.g. screening of a database to identify potential major donors, or in-depth profiling of individual prospects)
- Development of specific areas of fundraising (e.g. help to establish a trust fundraising or corporate programme)
- Website and new media fundraising development
- Direct marketing consultancy (e.g. to develop an individual donor fundraising programme)
Hospice fundraising has its own challenges with which we are familiar. However, we know that it is possible with some planning and investment to increase support for this important work, as our clients will testify.
To discuss your hospice fundraising needs, call Ben Ansell now on 01903 723519 for a free initial discussion.