Charitable Trust Fundraising
In the UK, around 10,000 charitable trusts and foundations distribute nearly £2 billion per year to good causes and trust fundraising is one of the most cost effective ways to raise funds, with typical returns on investment of between 6:1 and 10:1.
Trust fundraising in the UK is an increasingly competitive area. However, with careful planning and consistent effort, it is possible to raise trust funds either for a capital appeal or to provide revenue support for your projects, including contributions to core costs.
Trust Fundraising Services
We can offer the following support:
- Charitable trusts audit - to see if your trust fundraising has new opportunities or could be strengthened
- Trust fundraising strategy development
- Launch of a new trust fundraising programme from scratch
- Trusts research - to add new prospects to your target list
- Case for support development - drafting compelling materials to secure funds from trusts
- Contact mapping - to help identify any personal contacts your organisation may have with trusts (which can greatly increase both the chances and size of a gift)
- Mentoring and support of your trust fundraiser
- Bid writing support - preparing approaches to trusts on your behalf
- Interim support - keeping things moving if your trust fundraiser is ill or absent
- Advice on relationship building, record keeping, stewardship, recruitment etc
Recent Trust Fundraising Successes
- Over £1.5 million for Graeae Theatre Company, mostly from trusts
- £560,000 for St George's House Charity
- £221,000 from trusts for Treetops Hospice, Derby
- £667,000 for Calibre Audio Library
- £165,000 raised for Life Education Centres, West Midlands
Why use our Trust Service?
- Operating successfully since 1998
- A quantified track record
- A long list of happy clients
- Great value for money
- A team of highly experienced trust fundraisers, averaging 15 years in this field
- Most of our work comes by recommendation or as repeat business
Our Director Simon George, who set up the Institute of Fundraising's Trusts Special Interest Group in 1999 and helped draft the IoF code of practice on trusts, says: "Trust fundraising is probably what we are best known for and it is our depth of experience which makes us different. Our team can help you maximise your income in this very cost effective but competitive area of fundraising."
As one client recently commented: "Clare has provided an excellent service and we have really appreciated her knowledge, expertise and of course her effectiveness in raising funds for our work. We would be very happy to recommend this service to other charities." Peter Fabian, CEO AIDS Care Education and Training
Other Fundraising Services
As well as supporting you with trust fundraising, we offer a wide range of fundraising services and consultancy to UK charities, from fundraising reviews and strategy development to hands-on help.
Please call us on 01785 663600 to discuss your fundraising needs today. Our team is ready to help you!