Hospitals have their own opportunities and challenges when it comes to fundraising. Most find that they receive donations from grateful patients and relatives almost passively. However, with a little planning and effort, this can be increased significantly.
As well as increasing revenue funding, hospitals can also carry out major capital appeals for new buildings or equipment.
Specific hospital fundraising opportunities include:
- Legacy fundraising
- Community fundraising
- Major donor fundraising
- Individual giving
- Corporate fundraising
- Trust fundraising
- New media fundraising
- Major capital campaigns across multiple sectors
In order to maximise income, hospital fundraising commonly make use of the following consultancy services:
Fundraising audits or reviews (to identify the best opportunities and to know where to invest)
- Fundraising strategy development (to set out how best to exploit the opportunities)
- Campaign planning support (e.g. to design a legacy campaign)
- Prospect research (e.g. screening of a database to identify
potential major donors, or in-depth profiling of individual prospects)
- Development of specific areas of fundraising (e.g. help to establish a trust fundraising or corporate programme)
- Website and new media fundraising development
- Direct marketing consultancy (e.g. to develop an individual donor fundraising programme)
Hospital fundraising within the NHS has its own challenges with which we are familiar. However, we know that it is possible with some planning and investment to raise significant sums for this important work.
To discuss your hospital fundraising opportunities, call us now on 01785 663600 for a free initial discussion.