Reducing our carbon footprint
Since the company was established in 1998, we have developed ways of working, which seek to limit our impact on the environment and to promote sustainability. Our latest initiative is to plant a tree for every new contract we win, as a means of neutralizing the impact of the work we do.
Our Environmental Policy
- We aim to operate a viable business, while making a minimal impact on the environment.
- In taking on new assignments, we consider the likely environmental impacts of the work and how they can be mitigated.
- We seek to reduce the environmental impact of all our activities, through practical measures governing our use of renewable and non-renewable resources.
- When purchasing supplies or equipment, we take into consideration not only the quality and price of goods, but also their environmental impacts.
- We seek to adopt good environmental practices wherever possible and to encourage our clients and suppliers to do the same.
Practical Steps to Sustainability
- We operate a virtual company model, whereby all our staff and consultants work from home offices. This avoids the need for commuting to a central office and reduces our annual mileage.
- We seek to minimise the use of paper and to reduce the use of the postal service by the use of email for document exchange.
- Wherever practical, we travel by public transport.
- We seek to purchase recycled consumables where possible (e.g. copy paper).
- We seek to recycle at least 50% of office waste (via public collection schemes and by composting waste).
- We reduce our energy consumption by switching off computer systems when not in use.